AMD Accelerates Award-Winning AMD platform technology, codename "Dragon", with new AMD Phenom II™ X4 Processor. Phenom II X4 955 is said to replace it as the fastest AMD CPU and a tough competitor for intel i7-940 processor, both in terms of price and performance.
Ready to accelerate
Take performance over the top with AMD Phenom™ II processors [and AMD OverDrive™ software]. Second generation AMD Phenom™ II processors feature a refined architecture, the award-winning innovation of AMD64 technology with Direct Connect Architecture, and 45nm technology for maximum performance headroom.
Tune performance with the superior headroom of AMD Phenom™ II processors and AMD OverDrive™ software. Combined with ATI Radeon™ HD graphics cards, they deliver extreme visual performance and the ability to control and monitor system functions.
Total system performance
Build a total system tuned for performance, beginning with an all-AMD solution including AMD Phenom™ II processors, AMD chipsets, and ATI Radeon™ HD graphics with CrossFireX™ technology for multi-GPU support. Experience the power of gaming beyond high definition.
Phenom II X4 920
Phenom II X4 940
Phenom II X4 955
intel i7-940 CMOS Technology 45 nm 45 nm 45 nm 45 nm Frequency 4 x 2.8 GHz 4 x 3.0 GHz 4 x 3.2 GHz 4 x 2.93 GHz L2-Cache
2 MB (4 x 512 KB) 2 MB (4 x 512 KB) 2 MB (4 x 512 KB) 1MB (4 x 256 KB) L3-Cache 6 MB 6 MB 6 MB 8 MB Socket AM2+ AM2+ AM3 LGA 1366 TDP 125W 125W 125W 130W
Dragon platform technology enables manufacturers to design and develop PCs that deliver performance when you need it while saving power when you don’t. AMD Phenom II CPUs feature AMD Cool'n'Quiet™ 3.0 which automatically provides dramatic power management improvements with minimal performance impact.7 Its efficient multi-core design offers low processor temperatures and quiet fans, even when computing in HD.
Free Software Supercharging
Consumers can take performance to the next level with free software from AMD.
Download all now at: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
- AMD Fusion for Gaming - Easy-to-use program that, with a single click, automatically suspends resource consuming background tasks to focus more system performance on gaming.
- AMD OverDrive™ - Highly-customizable utility with greater functionality that can help power-users take system performance even further, with advanced over-clocking controls that can be turned on and off with a single click.
- ATI Catalyst™ with ATI Stream technology - Version 8.12 and later automatically merges the power of the CPU and GPU to enable a growing number of applications, such as ArcSoft TotalMedia™ Theater and CyberLink PowerDirector 7, to run dramatically faster than when using the CPU alone.
- ATI Video Converter - With the latest Catalyst Driver 8.12, the new ATI Video Converter utilizes the graphics processor and ATI Stream technology to quickly and easily convert your videos to play on portable entertainment devices much faster than converting video using a microprocessor alone.
- AMD Fusion Media Explorer Beta - Simplifies the entertainment experiencing by enabling a simple but powerful way for consumers to interact with their music, photos, movies, TV and social media on their PC. This utility offers one-button postings of photos to Facebook™ accounts as well as automatic related media searches when the system is online, plus much more.
Elite Performance for Less Money
End users can experience high-end performance with Dragon platform technology from AMD, all while spending approximately $1,200 U.S. dollars less than competitive offerings. Dragon platform technology consisting of the new AMD Phenom II X4 processor, ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 1GB graphics card, the AMD 790GX motherboard and 4 GB of DDR2-1066 memory can be purchased for approximately $900 USD. By comparison, a competitive platform consisting of an Intel Core i7, x58 motherboard, 3 GB of DDR3-1333 memory and the same GPU can be purchased for just over $2100 USD. Both platforms run the most demanding PC games like Crysis™ at elite performance levels, and deliver comparable Crysis benchmark frame rates at an average of 38 frames per second.
Sneak Peek of AMD Phenom II X4 940 and 955 Processor
Benchmark results are coming real soon.